The Ketron PEEK family of materials is based on polyetheretherketone resin. This semi-crystalline advanced material exhibits a unique combination of high mechanical properties, temperature resistance and excellent chemical resistance making it the most popular advanced plastics material.
- Very high maximum allowable service temperature in air (250 °C continuously, up to 310 °C for short periods of time)
- High mechanical strength, stiffness and creep resistance, also at elevated temperatures
- Excellent chemical and hydrolysis resistance
- Excellent wear & frictional behaviour
- Very good dimensional stability
- Excellent resistance to high energy radiation (gamma- and X-rays)
- Inherent low flammability and very low levels of smoke evolution during combustion