- Very good wear and abrasion resistance
- High impact strength, even at low temperatures (particularly UHMW-PE)
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Low coefficient of friction
- Excellent release properties
- Very low water absorption
- Moderate mechanical strength, stiffness and creep resistance
- Very good electrical insulating and dielectric properties (except static dissipative grades)
- Excellent machinability
- Physiologically inert (several grades are suitable for food contact)
- Good resistance to high energy radiation (gamma- and X-rays)
- Not self-extinguishing
TIVAR® is the brand name of Quadrant Engineering Plastic Products for its extensive range of virgin, partially reprocessed, colored or modified Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene stock shapes, manufactured by compression moulding or extrusion.
Quadrant Engineering Plastic Products focuses on innovation by modification of TIVAR 1000 standard materials in order to meet specific market requirements.