This PE-UHMW grade with extremely high degree of polymerisation contains a metal detectable additive with does hardly affect the inherent PE-UHMW key properties. TIVAR MD presents excellent toughness and impact strength, an even improved wear and abrasion resistance when compared with TIVAR 1000, and it also features a food contact compliant composition (FDA and 3A-Sanitary-Dairy-Standard compliant). TIVAR MD has been specifically tailored for use in the food processing and packaging industries where it can easily be traced by the conventional metal detection systems installed to detect contamination of the foodstuffs (results may vary depending on the sensitivity of the metal detection system used).
TIVAR MD (plates, rods) is available as a "Food Grade".
- Food contact compliant according to FDA and EU Directive 2002/72 EC
- Continuous use temperature up to 80 °C (176 °F)
- Excellent release properties
- Good performance in cryogenic environment
- Good machining qualities allow production of more complicated parts
- Chain guider elements